Quote

“Not on one strand are all life’s jewels strung.” William Morris

Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Plan - Phase 1

Hi All!

Today begins Phase 1 of my “Trailer Trash to Treasure Diva” Project – I will be starting with my bedroom, my son Francis’s bedroom, the hall and laundry area, my studio/office and the dining room. 

So…first things first… I come from a background in a commercial construction management so I can’t work room by room on some things. It is much more efficient to work in order of components i.e.…patch and repair all walls, prime ceilings, paint walls/wainscoting, remove nasty old carpets, install new flooring, install new light fixtures, paint/create new furniture, sew curtains, create art work and stage for photo shoots. Get the idea?

As mentioned in my last post, the reasons I chose these rooms for Phase 1 to make the quickest design impact and for self healing. I’m taking a 2 month hiatus from my friends, family and most of my life. There will be no babysitting, no entertaining, no kids sleeping-over, no helping others out, no talking about my X and no going out to dinner. It is going to be just my son and I with our blank canvas and art supplies aka trailer, building materials, supplies & power tools! I’m smiling just thinking about it! Sounds like fun doesn’t it?

I am making a couple of exceptions to the 2 month hiatus: the granddaughter Monday’s, the new granddaughter due in 3 weeks and a weekly cooking lesson I’m giving to  my niece, Chelsea Elise from Bellissima Body Works, in exchange for a massage. Hey, I’m going to need some relaxation and some adult conversation! Also, I will be in my office on Friday’s and available for clients on an as needed basis – Just another reason why living in a trailer is so depressing…I am a PA Licensed REALTOR and my home cost $11,000!

I pissed some of my family and friends off by taking the 2 month hiatus. They didn't understand why they should suffer not seeing us because I couldn't get my crap together. But, in the end they all understood that this is what I need to do to heal. You know, maybe I should have named the blog…Trailer Therapy! J
As always, thanks for joining me on this journey!

Live beautifully!

Jennifer Elaine


No comments:

Post a Comment